Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Monday, March 21, 2016

Minds on Mathematics: Math Workshop Book Study

How is your professional reading coming?  Mine has taken a big hit over the past few months.  I find I am most inspired when I am reading a really good teaching book and have been putting it on the back burner for way to long.  I have been keeping up with my monthly issues of Teaching Children Mathematics and a few of my favorite teaching blogs but haven't had my nose in a really good math book in almost 3 months!  Last year, I read 14 professional books that I can remember and this year I am at 0.  With that in mind, I am putting my professional reading on the top of my priority list.  I think the end part of the school year is a great time to read a new book and try new things.  It is the time of year I sometime struggle with finding the joy in teaching and it is easy to get bogged down in testing and administrative tasks.  Reading a good book keeps me motivated!  Chatting with all of you about what I am reading really keeps me motivated and pushes me to try what I am reading in the classroom.
I am happy to announce that I will be hosting a new book study starting in 2 weeks!  I am going to be taking a look at Minds on Mathematics: Using Math Workshop to Develop Deep Understanding in Grades 4-8.  

You can read more about the big ideas in this book here or read the introduction and chapter 1 here.  

I will be posting on Saturday mornings.  
Here is the posting schedule:


Hope you can join me on my journey to learn more about math workshop!  

No comments:

Post a Comment