Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Two New Book Studies!

Good morning! I have 2 new book studies planned for this winter and wanted to share the details with you!

Coming up next week we will be taking a look at Children's Mathematics.  This is a great book about cognitively guided instruction and will help you help your students construct their own knowledge and develop their own strategies.  This book is full of great ideas for teaching kids addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.  This book includes QR codes and URLs to take you to videos of the strategies described in the text.  If a picture is worth 1000 words than a video is priceless!  


Starting in January, we will be taking a look at Number Talks which is another resource you will keep going back to.  This book includes a DVD with examples of number talks at each grade level.  If you are a K-5 teacher this will be a  must ready book!  



If you are new to my blog or haven't seen one of our book studies before here is how it works:  Once a week I will write a blog post sharing my thoughts, ideas and favorite quotes from the section assigned to that week.  I will share the post on Facebook as well.  You can participate in the book study in several ways.

1) Leave a comment on Facebook with your thoughts and ideas from that week's reading.
2) Leave a comment on the blog post about that week's reading.  This can become quite lively when you subscribe to the comments and are able to see other people responding to your comment.  
3) If you have your own blog go ahead and post about it over there and leave the link in the comments section of my blog.  It is a great way to keep the discussion going.  

Hope you will join us for one or both book studies!






4 comments:

  1. How can I order Number Talks with the 30% discount?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in. I have read a few pages here and there during our Professional Development time but I haven't had enough time to really get into the book and truly understand and reflex with it. I'm excited to see if I can keep up with this Book Study.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started using Number Talks this year. It's amazing. I'm in....

    ReplyDelete