Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday Math Literature: Counting by 2's

This time of year you will find me working hard on counting skills including counting by 2's.  A few weeks ago, I shared 10 ways to practice counting by 2.  I received an email from a reader with a few suggestions for other math literature book to practice counting by 2's.  Because I am always on the lookout for more Math Literature, I was intrigued.  I have many math literature books that mention counting by 2 but none where it is the entire focus of the story.  I knew I had to get these books, and I am glad I did.  




The entire focus of this book is counting by 2's!  It is in the context of animals getting on a trolley with a capacity of 20.  I used these cute cards along with this story.  






I love using penguins as a winter theme in primary classrooms and this fun count by 2's to 20 book will be a great addition to my penguin math materials.  

I also stumbled upon this great video this week!  I love the songs for counting by 5, 2, and 10 and LOVE the movements as well!  

H

This video is by Heidi Songs which is definitely a resource I will be checking out further!  If you have used any of the resources from Heidi Songs, please let me know in the comments below!



If you are looking for more ways to practice counting by 2, you can grab all my resources here

No comments:

Post a Comment