Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

New Book Study: Whole Brain Teaching for Challenging Kids

This summer, I read three great professional development books (Teach Like a Pirate, Guided Math in Action and Teaching Numeracy) and participated in 3 fun book studies.  I love the feeling of empowerment I get from reading a good professional development book and would like to continue reading more empowering books during the school year.  Back to school season is in full swing in my area and despite my decision to only work part time, I will be busier than ever.  With that in mind, I know the only way to make sure I keep up with my own professional reading is to participate in another book study.  

In the last few weeks, I have been hearing a lot of buzz on Facebook and on other blogs about Whole Brain Teaching.  I discovered this amazing website and this great book!



I spent some time exploring in the first steps category and liked what I read so I have decided to jump right into reading this book!  There are strategies in there that apply to K-12 so grab your favorite teaching friend join me on this journey to learn more about how understanding the brain can help us with classroom management and better teaching.  The book is available in paperback or for the Kindle. It is also part of Kindle Unlimited! Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial

The book is under 300 pages but is broken into quite a few chapters so we will cover multiple chapters each week.  I will be posting on Wednesdays!  Feel free to post when it is convenient for you!  If you have a blog and want to write a blog post about it, just leave a link in the comments section. 

October 1 Chapters 15-18
October 8 Chapters 19-22
October 15 Chapters 23-26
October 22 Chapters 27-29
October 29 Bonus Chapters 30-32

What excites you most about this book?

1 comment:

  1. I've never read this one. I'll be interested in hearing what you think.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete