Blogs I Love Math Literature Freebies About Home

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fall Theme Decimal Task Cards

Over the last week, I have been working to create a set of task cards to use with my fifth and sixth graders around decimals.  I decided on a fall theme and we were able to get outside and use them for track math!  We are really getting spoiled with all the nice weather and I have to take advantage of it while it lasts.

Here are my fall themed decimal task cards: organized and ready to use!
I created this set as a review of some fourth grade Common Core standards and to really target fifth and sixth grade standards, I added in operations and numbers to the thousandths place.  There are 20 task cards and some blank ones that I also include so that kids who finish early can write their own problems for other early finishers.

Here is a peak at one of my cards
Can you tell how much I love fall?

My favorite part of this experience is looking over the follow up questions.  I use these as a formative assessment to see who is getting it and what types of strategies they are using.  Here is a peak at 3 different answers to one of my follow up questions
Based on this evidence, I can see who needs more support tomorrow and which successful strategies I want to highlight.  
If you are interested in these task cards you can click here to get the free preview or click here to purchase the full set.



No comments:

Post a Comment